Saturday, January 17, 2009

Brrrrrr


We got another 3" of snow last night. My garden boxes are buried. At least it wasn't -20F again.



Tom says he will clear out the driveway tomorrow with the snow thrower. I am giving up on cutting more fence posts until the snow starts to melt because the snow in the woods is just too deep to work in. I will work on putting together the chick brooder.

I was going to order some more pear and apple trees, but with the economy the way it is, I think I'll hold off. I did order some yellow birch and sugar maples from the Extension Office that I'll plant along the creek bank to improve the buffer area. I have a new field diagram for you so you can see how the field will look this year:



I caught Cliff High from Half Past Human on Rebecca Jernigan's radio show at http://www.journeyswithrebecca.com tonight. You can listen for free to the archived show; it should be up on the web site some time tomorrow. Who needs nightmares when you have reality staring you in the face! Well, no matter what, I will do my best to take care of my family and help my neighbors. That's all anyone can do. Just take things one day at a time. I believe the saying goes, "All that is sure is death and taxes."

Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment