Friday, March 26, 2010

News

The direct marketing/selling of raw milk to consumers issue in Wisconsin is starting to gain steam.  Here's a link to an article about what's happening from The Country Today:  http://www.thecountrytoday.com/story-news.asp?id=BMT31D7006P
I guess there was quite a crowd that showed up in Eau Claire for the public hearings on the issue.  Great!  I am a member of the Wisconsin Farm Bureau, and I am not happy that the WFB opposes the selling of raw milk.  I believe that if a person wants to buy raw milk that they should be able to do so. 

In other news -- we made it!  We are in the April/May issue of Mother Earth News magazine (page 89).  It's nothing big, but I never in a million years would have thought we'd ever be in that magazine.  I've been reading MEN since the beginning, and although I admit I was going to drop my subscription back in 2000 because I felt the magazine had strayed too far from its homesteading "roots" and gotten too "Yuppyish", they have turned the magazine around and I'm delighted with each issue again (and glad I didn't drop my subscription).  I really enjoy reading the modern updates on homesteading skills.  I guess I can't say it enough -- what a wonderful time to be young!  Even though the economy is awful and times are hard, the young people of today not only have the opportunity to tear down the old way of doing things, they will build a new social/cultural order, too.  How grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment