Monday, November 02, 2009

Is It Really November?

I can't believe how fast this year is flying.  There is so much work I want to do and it seems as if there just aren't enough hours in the day to get it all done.  Today, I worked in the front yard raking leaves.  I managed to get half of it raked into piles, and some of it put on the compost pile, but now it is supposed to rain-snow tomorrow and  I don't know if I'll get back to it.  At least the chickens had fun scratching the ground behind me. 

The other day Tom took me for a walk in the woods to show me where he found another chaga growing, and I noticed then how many broken tree branches there were laying around.  I told him all we need to do for firewood next year is drag out the fallen wood.  I was surprised how much damage an early snow could cause when the trees still had their leaves. 

Tonight Lara, Ed and I finished up the Halloween candy and our Harry Potter Butter Beer -- 2 liters of good cream soda with 1 cup of Butterscotch Schnaps.  While we don't get any trick-or-treaters out here in the woods, we always have some Halloween fun.   

Well, I think I'll hit the sack early tonight.  Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment