Thursday, February 26, 2009

Snowing and Blowing Again

Another wintry day again. I'll have to empty the snow out of the sap buckets tomorrow. We are supposed to get 5" - 10" new inches of the white stuff. At least the daytime temps are creeping up. I already have 1 1/2 gallons of sap so I know Spring is not far off.

I finished working on the news article for the Local Food Atlas that I want to send to the seven different area newspapers yesterday. I'll leave it for a couple of days then go back and review it. I wonder if I'll get enough people who are interested in listing their operations in an atlas to make the project worthwhile.

I spent most of the day in the basement sewing old feed bags into grow bags. It felt good to finish them. I will use 11 bags for tomatoes and 11 bags for cucumbers. Now I need to get out in the woods by the field and cut a couple of poles to build the high tunnel trellis -- maybe I'll beat that beaver to it and cut a couple of popple or birch poles from the area by the lake marsh where he usually does his "shopping".

Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment