Friday, December 31, 2010

Letter to the Old Year

Dear 2010,

I'll make this short:

You totally sucked and I'm glad to see the back of you!  You were the third lousy year in a row for me, and all I can say is I will forget you as soon as possible.  My Solar Return astrology chart for this year says that the majority of my planets have now moved back into "balance" so I am hopeful of the future, even though the shadow of my second Saturn return waits in the wings of October 2013 and I am not looking forward to that time rhyme because my first Saturn return just about killed me.

While I did recognize the numerous difficult spiritual opportunities you hosted for me this year, there's nothing that says I had to like them.  I don't.  Nevertheless, I feel that I have successfully assimilated the lessons' essences (I re-read Gregg Braden's book, Secrets of the Lost Mode of Prayer) and can honestly say that I harbor you no ill feelings.  

So, good-bye 2010 as you settle into your place on your appointed square in the World of Time.  I will not miss you.  In fact, my thoughts have already moved on to more pleasant fare --

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you a happy 2011..
    Being a descendent of Irish convicts.sent to this 'God forsaken Land' In the 1770's...lol,little did THEY know it was actually(eventually)..just heaven of earth, By the ,then..heartless British!
    I feel the need to send you a cheery Irish Blessing!
    May your thoughts be as good as the shamrocks,
    May your heart be as light as song,
    May each day bring you bright,happy hours,
    That stay with you all year long .

    I have a zillion more if needed ,lol !
    Happy New Year !!
    Life is Good :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope 2011 is a good one for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks and a Healthy and Safe Year to you guys, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always liked what Ralph Waldo Emerson said -

    "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."

    Have a great 2011!

    ReplyDelete