Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Mowing Hay

Looks like we might have a few good days to cut the grass down so yesterday and today I was out in the field mowing as fast as I could.  I put that 722 BCS with the brush mower attachment in 2nd gear, opened up the throttle, and let her go.  I mowed the perennial section and the fruit tree orchard, the oats I had for greem manure inside the high tunnel, and this afternoon I finished up the drive lane where the ramp to the road is and started the pasture section inside the fence near the chicken skid.  It was hot work and the deer flies are starting to be pesky.  I sure was wishing for a breeze.  Tom and Ed worked in the woods off the hay road cutting up a tree that my brother-in-law felled for firewood for Dad, and among the three of us, we managed to drink up three big jugs of water.  It felt good getting so much done.  I'm glad no one got sick from the heat.   

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a hot and sweaty but productive day.

    ReplyDelete