Tuesday, August 18, 2009

How to Cut Up a Chicken

Last week we ate one of the butchered chickens for dinner. As Tom prefers his cooking to mine, he does most of the cooking. That's not to say I can't cook (plenty of people like my cooking), it's just that we both like to cook, have different styles of cooking, and fight over the kitchen. So, if he wants to do the cooking, let him. Anyway, he told me he didn't like the whole chickens because he didn't know how to cut them up. Which got me to wondering if cut up chickens would sell better than whole chickens. I mean, think about it: when you go to the grocery store, what kind of chicken do you prefer to buy? With kids in the house, a chicken that is already cut up, make meal preparation go faster. How often do you buy a whole chicken and roast it? And what the heck is the proper way to cut up a chicken? Hmmm. Look what I found:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHUvnsQgvCQ

I think when I go to finish butchering the roosters I'll cut up a few and see how much more time it adds to my work. To tell you the truth, I would rather buy a cut up chicken than a whole one!

No comments:

Post a Comment