Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Another Lovely Day

It rained and rained last night, and this morning, like magic, everything was green! I call this kind of rain "The Planting Rain" because now is the time to plant just about everything. The rain makes the soil easier to till while the soil moisture helps seeds quickly germinate. I will be out in the field tomorrow!

We had a lovely visit today from Sodie(sp?)and Ruby. I am glad the weather was nice for them. Ruby enjoyed watching my chickipoos while I related farm history and goals. It was a very enjoyable visit and I'm glad I decided to let them come out.

Because visitors were expected, I stayed in the house and worked all day on my seed saving presentation. Putting this talk together is more work than I expected it to be, but it will definitely be a good presentation. Fortunately I have photographs of my own and royalty free clip art I have purchased from Dover Publications that I can use to liven up slides. What I will need is help on how to get this presentation to play on an overhead projector. I have never done this before. I am using the free program Open Office to create the presentation, and I have to say I am very happy with Open Office. I find it very user friendly.

When I checked the apple tree grafts for signs of growth I discovered I had to re-do one of the grafts -- somehow I put the scion upside down on the rootstock! Oh, brother -- I hope those grafts take.

My library book "Depletion and Abundance" by Sharon Astyk came today. So far it is an excellent read.

I think I'll go and meditate for a while -- been feeling the need to better center myself. Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment