Monday, March 09, 2009

Where Did the Day Go?

Today was one of those days that just flew by. Early on I got a call from Mt. Healthy Hatchery, and they were great! They gave me a credit for the chicks I lost so I will redeem that credit on the next batch of chicks I order. Most of the day was spent starting seeds. Oh, Man, I can't believe all the seeds I started! There are going to be A LOT of very hot peppers this year. Twelve different tomatoes, two kinds of cucumbers, lots of herbs, cabbages, collards, Wong Bok, sweet peppers, onions, celery, and I can't remember what all else. If I can get the plastic off the garden boxes tomorrow, I'll start several different kinds of lettuces and greens, radishes, and peas in the boxes. The middle of next month I'll start all the different squashes, gourds, melons and pumpkins. All of the planting stock should be coming then, too. I need to get out to the high tunnel and build that trellis.

Tom went out with me and we collected the maple tree sap together. He wanted to have an idea of how much we get from each tree. It varies with each tree, where the tap is, and how warm the temperature is. I would say we already have about 15 gallons. I'm glad I bought that second garbage can as a "holding tank".

Our Sarah called from Afghanistan last night. She is still planning to come home on leave on either the 13th or 14th. She will give us a call when she gets to Atlanta and will tell us when she'll arrive at Rhinelander Airport. I can't wait for her to come back to the States permanently! I can't wait for ALL our troops to come home for good!

Well, I'm going to leave off as my back is killing me from standing all day. Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment