Monday, March 30, 2009

Time to Take a Breather Yet?

Well, the first thing I want to do is post this video of our Sarah graduating from Southern Illinois University last May. It only took me this long to figure out how to upload it!





Yesterday Tom took our soldier girl to the airport as she has to go back overseas. I can't wait for her to come home for good! I hope she had a good rest here. I have been really working hard on getting the chicken coop ready for the chickens. They are almost fully feathered and boy, I will NEVER brood chickens in the house again! What a mess! I built two new doors for the chicken coop and checked it all over for "snake" or other varmint entrance points. I think I did a good job on the doors. They are nice and heavy and will keep the wind out. I have to make two more nest boxes, a feeder, and two feeder stands. Eddy helped me lay down three bags of wood chips, so when I put them out in the coop I think the chickens will be very happy. Tom added a third roost for me, too.

I also when and talked with my neighbor, Larry, (the sawyer) about getting wood for the skid. I'll have to wait two weeks for it, but I think the chicks will do all right in the coop for the time being. I am going to keep them in the basement until this next winter, er spring?, storm is past. We are supposed to get 4-7" of new snow starting late tonight. The temperature today is supposed to get in the mid- 40's so I will try to finish getting the fence up. I will post some pictures as soon as I can. Have to run. Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment