Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Special Olympics Social and Fund Raiser

Yesterday we had our first Park Falls Special Olympics agency social meeting and fund raiser. No many people showed up, but as my husband said, there was not alot of notice and being held on a Monday was a bad idea. We'll learn! For the pot luck dinner I brought a chicken pot pie that turned out pretty good; and for the bake sale I brought pizzelles, little lemon pound cakes and little apple grunts. I used up my last jar of canned apples so now I have a reason to go to Bayfield and get some apples. ;D Still, we had a lot of fun. There was a DJ named Jay, who played a lot of music.



Eddy and Lara sure liked the music, too. Ed danced with Anneliese; her mom, Roz; Lara; and me.





John Smart and his foreign exchange student, Rahim (sp?) visited with us a while. We hope Rahim enjoys his stay in America!



Anneliese's Dad, and our agency manager, Tony, and his wonderful wife, Vicky, came with Nino and Kat.




Justin had music for the DJ to play, and he says he can't wait for bowling to resume at Feit's Bowling Alley in Park Falls on Wednesdays now that the lanes are refurbished. We give Feit's a huge HURRAH!!! for letting us bowl there, and we will be there this Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment