Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

Today is Election Day. It is also my birthday, and like countless other Americans I went to my polling place and voted for Change. I believe that America can rid herself of corrupt politicians and the corruptive influences rampant in the halls of our Government. I believe that We The People can rebuild America's economy from the LOCAL LEVEL UP to create a stronger, more equitable and sustainable economy. I believe that a new paradigm of just governance is forming here, and it is a good one based on community service. We The People can prevail to raise America from her adolescence and propel her into glorious adulthood. It will not be easy, and I have no doubt there will be much suffering and hardship to endure for many years to come. But our national soul with all our ideals are intact, and our national heart still beats strongly. God Bless America! God Bless Us All!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. I voted for change, too, and was actually in tears when I saw election returns. It returned some confidence to me, in my fellow Americans, that we can rise above race, above partisanship, and come together for the betterment of all.
    Jim Long

    ReplyDelete